Friday, May 1, 2009

Seven things

My main gal from Michigan, Ree (wait, does that make her a Michiganian?) has tagged me for a meme. Thank gah. I've got an excuse to share more random stuff about myself. This makes me happy! Alas, first I must adhere to the rules. They are as follows:

List seven things about yourself.

Pass the award on to seven friends whose blogs you love.

Easy peasy.

7 things about moi


1. I have a daughter graduating from film school next month. I'm so proud, my head may asplode.

2. Calvin and Hobbes is my all time favorite comic of forever. Hobbes is the wisest soul ever and I am currently raising Calvin.

3. I am considering dipping my toe into the job market after 10 years as a business owner. Really, didn't I pick a great time?

4. I despise telephones and the intrusion they represent. I refuse to subscribe to call waiting and very rarely answer the phone. Your email? I will break my fingers rushing to answer.

5. I have no idea how to copy the badge or button or whatever it's called that goes with this meme. I have been given awards that I would love to put on the blog, but have no idea how. In the time it's taken me to type this, I could've figured out how to do it.
6. I used my camera in manual mode last week and I could tell what the pictures were supposed to be of!

7. I just want it to be quiet.


Now to pass on the joy. I want to know more about each of these lovelies:


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pardon my ignorance, but what is a 'film school'? In any event, CONGRATS to your daughter!

'Dipping into' the current job market - a real disparaging experience, currently...

Good question about the badge words needed. Ree is really good about furnishing that stuff; a quick email to her would bring that goodie forth, I'm sure.

Hey, thanks for the comment about the camera. I had mine set on manual the last few days, using a lens magnifier unit, and had forgot to change it back before now!

I'm with you, quiet is BLISS!

Dingo said...

I love Calvin and Hobbes! I would also have to put Gary Larsen's The Far Side up at the top of the Best Comics Ever list.

I hate the telephone. I rarely answer. But like you, email? I'm all over it.

Ree said...

I used my camera in manual mode yesterday. I got a black square. ;-)

---- A fellow Calvin & Hobbes lover. (Although, really, that's probably slightly gross) Oh mah holy hell, Dingo and I are so the same. C&H and The Far Side. Two best comics ever. (Yes, I should probably not comment while drinking) And thank you for saying Michiganian not Michigander. I'm so NOT a goose. ----

Fragrant Liar said...

I went into the job market after being a business owner for about seven years. If you can avoid it, don't do it! But if you have to, good luck.

Jocelyn said...

I'm always interested with these memes to see if I'll do it. (you see, I have no control over ME SELF; what happens, happens).

Also, I am so with you with phone avoidance but email productivity, and the word "asplode" is one I'm totally stealing from you.

the cubicle's backporch said...

I love the word 'asplode'.

I used to LOVE reading calvin and hobbes when I was younger! I remember someone having a book of their comics and I would read for hours. I'm suprised my head didn't asplode! (Ha! See? I'm already using your new word!)

Thanks for the tag!

pamajama said...

So sweet of you to include me! As for the phone thing, we are so totally simpatico. Good God, I hate answering the phone. Just tonight I had to explain to a girl that if she wanted to reach me do it through e-mail, that her head would spin with the quick response in comparison:)

Vanessa said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new camera! I'm signed up to take a class the end of this month to learn some of the more fancy features of mine. I'll gladly share any tips and tricks I learn and can remember!