Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pumpkins & cider & hayrides. It's Fall!

Finally! I didn't think it would ever really feel like fall. It's still been hot during the day and only cooling off a little at night. Today was the first day cold enough for a jacket, and now that it's night it's cold enough to turn the heat on.

Silas had his fall field trip with his school on Friday. It hadn't cooled off yet so we were all in shorts and tees. It just doesn't feel right being at the pumpkin patch in shorts. Wah wah, boo hoo. If it was freezing, I'd complain about that too. He had a great time and we were both worn out at the end of the day.

I was trying to apply some of the techniques I learned in photography class over the course of the day. Actually doing it is a little harder than learning it, but I tried. I didn't do too bad for a point and shoot camera. I'm hoping Santa puts a dslr in my stocking.







And how's this for a random picture? This is painted on a concrete tower down by the river. It's just not what you'd expect to see amid all the graffitti and tags.


Of course, anyone who likes Johnny Cash is ok with me, vandal or not.

6 comments:

Slyde said...

you reminded me that i have to go pumpkin picking this week so i can begin work on my award winning pumpkin carving skills this week!

Kate said...

I haven't made it to the pumpkin patch this year. Not sure if I'm going to. Amazing what you miss out on when there aren't any children in your life.

Jocelyn said...

The techniques are working, as these are kickass photos.

But why do pumpkins always remind me of buttocks?

Braedy said...

I love the shot of the pumpkins, and the child on the bales totally brings back my childhood... and don't even get me started on that Johnny Cash portrait.. wow that's awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Those are some great pics, and the Cash thing, my son would love! I love fall too.

Anonymous said...

Cash Advance obtained at an Automated Banking Machine ABM displaying the. Urgent Cash Relief offered by Cash Advance Australia. Easy approval for cash Cno faxing required. Many firms provide loans and cash advance that are in small and short time basis. High risk unsecured personal loans Guaranteed personal unsecured loans Cash. [url=http://viiumft.rahuketu.net/map.html]1000 cash advance[/url] We realise you need cash fast.