Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Invasion of the Body Snatchers

Who is this man living in my house? He's being nice and it's such a change from his usual behavior that I'm convinced he's been possessed.
On Sunday he let me lie in bed all day. Literally all day. I have strep again and feel miserable. He cleaned the house, kept Piglet occupied, did laundry, went to the market, and detailed my truck. On Monday, we woke to yet another flood downstairs. He wet vacced all the water himself, cleaned the house again, and then mopped the downstairs with bleach water. He kept Piglet with him all day, then bathed him and put him in bed.
He's called twice today to see how I feel and to ask if I need him to bring anything home.
If any of you know where my husband went, leave him there. I like this new guy.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww. Sounds like, maybe, just a little, he appreciates you! ;-)

Rima said...

That is good, you deserve it! (The break, not the strep.)

Feel better soon.

Candy said...

Maybe he's been reading your blog ;)

Vanessa said...

Your new guy sounds ultra fabulous! If you can duplicate him and send one my way, I promise big payout!

Anonymous said...

Neat! Very neat, young lady! There are a few of us guys out there who care enough to have your back, and treat you with the consideration that you were treated to when you didn't feel well. A sweet story, and sounds like a sweet guy, too...

Twisting Ivy said...

Well, hey, if he had to be invaded by a body snatcher? At least it a was one of the rare "Helpful and Considerate" species. Cuz we all know the sudden invasion of the "Rude Asshat Jerkface" ones really sucks. =) Hope you feel better soon!