Monday, September 22, 2008

A List or two

Traffic laws I've broken since 8am this morning (it is now 9:38am):
(none of these were on purpose)

Turned the wrong way up a one way street
Cut through a gas station to avoid a stop light (ok, this was on purpose)
Ran a red light (twice)
Parked in a no parking zone

It's going to be a loooong week, poppets. Be prepared.

**awkward change of topic**

Yet another list of sorts. Does anyone else get these brilliant ideas of super!wonderful!fun! things to do, go out and buy a bunch of stuff, then either lose interest or run out of time? C'mon, I know it's not just me. Fess up so I don't feel so alone.

These are things, that in the past 6 months, I have started and dropped like they were hot:

Scrapbooking. My intention was to start a scrapbook for Silas sports memories. One page for tball, one for tennis, etc. Spent a bazillion $$ on scrapbook stuff, which I could totally go bankrupt buying, it's all so cute, and it's all still laying on the table. I blame the fact that the paper hasn't printed the tennis results yet, and I simply can't start without all of the clippings.

Embroidery. Bought an adorable little scene for my niece, with all of the accoutrement's (circle thing to put it in, needles, thread.....), opened the fabric and there was no picture on it! End of embroidery endeavor.

Family Tree. I'm done with mine, but I need to do Sams so Silas has his complete history. Bought new software. Have yet to transfer my information or input any of Sams. Actually, have yet to install new software.

Organize pictures. Since you all see the same 80 pictures rotate up there in the badge every time you click over, you can guess how this is going. I have upwards of 6000 pictures. I have 82 in flickr. Moving right along.

Knitting. Silas discovered the "nippers" (knitting needles) and I haven't seen them since. I haven't really looked.

BlackBerry. I've had my blackberry pearl since it came out. Probably close to a year. I have not set up my email or transferred my contacts. I still carry my palm pilot.

Someone can send motivation please? Or a swift kick in the ass?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

All your lawbreaking is inspiring! hee hee. I'm overly-terrified of going the wrong way down a one-way street.

Scrapbooking!! You should see all the mementos I have laying around from Mr. C and I's relationship that I'm SO gonna put in our scrapbook. One of these days.

And organizing pictures... that's a good one. Mine are all organized by the day I uploaded them to my computer. That counts, right?

moo said...

I ALWAYS do this ... get SO INTO something new (painting, scrapbooking, etc) and spend OODLES of money on it ... and 6 months later, the paraphernalia is in a box in the attic with an inch of dust on it.

Kate said...

I would SO be into the blackberry - addictively I think. DO IT. And screw arts and crafts. I can't get motivated ever.

Anonymous said...

There is something about scrapbooking that I just cannot get into.
I can, however, break traffic laws.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap, until I started soapmaking, you described me to a "T".

I have oooooddles of scrapbooking supplies, beading supplies (from my "I'm going to become a famous jewlery designer!" phase), cross stitching projects, one actually dates back 14 years for a friend who had a baby. Er. Probably too late now to finish it.

I've tried krocheting, I have several partially finished projects. I also tried my hand at painting, my grandmother is a painter, a good one. I am not. I bought a glue gun and burned my fingers more than I can count trying to art deco some plain picture frames. I've also got family tree stuff in one of my forgotten project boxes. *sigh*

Mike said...

Don't get started with the knitting, it will consume your life. I wrote a post a few weeks ago about how it has taken over my house.

I wish my communte was longer (a mile and a half) so that I could violate more traffic laws.

Vanessa said...

Are you out of your mind? Get the email set up on your Blackberry pronto! It will change your life! My Curve is my second BB and I absolutely adore them! In fact, I am leaving you this comment using my BB! Send me a message and I'll give you my phone number and walk you through setting up the email if you'd like.

Anonymous said...

Girl I have a whole craft room that is so full of junk it is now known as the crap room, because I can't even get off my lazy ass to clean it to start on art projects.

Here's to a swift kick to both of our asses. :)

carrie said...

I refuse to give up on the scrapbooking . . . I know, it's torturous, but if I do it every 6 months, that's something right? RIGHT? :)

Anyway, yes - I have paint waiting to go on Wyatt's walls since July. I have an embroidery/cross stitch thingy project that I started NINE years ago, sitting in a bin under my bed.

So, um, yes I understand. Completely.

Slyde said...

if you have finally finished your family tree, can you start mine?

ive always wanted to have mine done, but im WAAAAAY too damn lazy..

cathy said...

Are you responsible for sushi?
I always figured someone forgot to cook it!

(still living in same house as my husband but wouldn't be if we didn't have children.I've taken my power back though, I do what I want and not what he says.)

Anonymous said...

6,000 images...??? We need to talk!

Jocelyn said...

Firstly, thank you, thank you, thank you for the lovely comment you left on my most recent post. What you said means a lot to me.

Secondly, I am so much your soul sister. Sitting on our kitchen windowsill right now are some Halloween craft kits (from last year) that I dredged up, in the hopes that THIS YEAR we'll actually make that damn Puffball Witch.

Tamara said...

Hiya. I LOVE your blog, especially seeing I can totally relate to your post. How many half-finished craft projects do I have lying around my tiny apartment? Too many to count. I tell myself it's not because I lack motivation - it's just because I keep coming up with better ideas, so there's no point in finishing the previous not-as-cool project ;-)